Monday, August 3, 2009

Elizabeth Rose Giles

Natural birth is hard. We wanted drugs, but things went too fast. The midwife first checked on us around 445-500 am. Jamie measured a 2-3 cm. By 613 Elizabeth was born. Jamie handled it very well, I think she probably held back showing all the pain she felt for my sake. It was over quickly though which was nice.

Oh and giving birth in the UK is a very different experience. I'll let Jamie fill in more details but, we didn't get a pillow for her bed until about 530, the bed itself was broken so we couldn't really use the stir up things, and they wrap the babies up in rough towels. Oh and we are expected to bathe and clean our own baby! I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but we really noticed a difference in the level of care.

That being said, the people that have been taking care of us have been wonderful. Having the midwife coaching Jamie with a nice British accent made it sound a little more pleasant then the NY/NJ accent. We even knew to ask for a private room and there happened to be one available (usually they have 4-6 women sharing a room). Anyway, enjoy the pics.




21 comments:

Lant Family said...

congratulations! she is so cute--way to go jaime on no drugs!! i cant even imagine!

Tennille said...

Congrats!

Kelly Peterson said...

I am so happy!!!! Elizabeth is beautiful. I cannot wait to see her. I love you all!

Lulu said...

Congrats you guys! I love the name and she is so cute! Jamie, you're a trooper for doing it w/ no drugs!

Laura said...

Congrats! I am glad that Elizabeth came safely.

Kinzie Sue said...

YAY! I'm glad everything went well. I'd say a quick delivery is much better than a long one. Hopefully I don't jinx myself. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures. Congrats to your family of four!

gretchen said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful name and a beautiful girl. :) And hooray for a fast delivery! :)

Karen said...

Hip hip hooray! She's a beauty! Can't wait to see her in about 48 hours!

tterb said...

Adorable! You both look so beautiful. We can't wait to see all of you so soon. Jamie, you are so Brave. We're so happy that everything went so well. We look forward to hearing more! Sarah and I love you lots!

Leishman family said...

She is so cute! I never want to experience giving birth without drugs. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Katie said...

yeah!!! congratulations Jamie, Ryan and Link. Can't wait to see more pics. She's darling.

Shelly Beth said...

Congratulations, both for a healthy/beautiful baby girl and a quick, event-free birth! I am interested in hearing more about a UK birth. You are an amazing woman for doing it all natural. Good luck in the weeks to come - it will be different but is great to have a new little one in the family!

Jen said...

Hooray!!! Wow. Jamie, nice going. Glad everything went well -- Elizabeth is beautiful (and such a pretty name, too)! Sounds like you'll want to get back to the comforts of your own home asap. We're sending happy thoughts your way!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous.

J + A said...

Congratulations Jamie!!! She is beautiful!!!!

Lindsey said...

Way to go! I can't wait to see her in person. Good job going natural. Have fun with the new little one.

Sassy Savvy said...

Congratulations!!!! Oh, I love little girls :)

Zookeenee said...

Congrats Ryan and Jamie! I can't wait until our health system is as good an experience as yours was. We have used a midwife for the last 2 and have loved her.

Anne Woods said...

We are so happy for you! She is cute and Jamie, you are glowing! Get ready for some girl fun!

Maile said...

Congratulations!! Nice work, Jamie, going the whole way drug free! I'll better appreciate the little things when we deliver our baby; I never would have thought a place like the UK would be so much different when it comes to having a baby. Elizabeth is beautiful!

Emily said...

Oh, she is so cute. I love her name. Good for you Jamie going natural...even if it wasn't planned. I always recommend doing it and people think I'm crazy. :) You look great for just having a baby!!