Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving, PLUS Halloween Preview!

Last night we carved our big pumpkin (we are leaving Lincoln's small pumpkin uncarved so he can "play" with it some more).



Link was pretty excited about the prospect of getting his hands on the pumpkin...until we opened it up and told him to get the "guts" out. He kept wrenching his hand back out in fear (hey, I don't like it either - that's why it's Ryan's job to gut the pumpkin and my job to carve it) until we gave him a spoon to scoop it out. He liked that idea much better.



We had a trial run of Lincoln's Halloween costume! He is going to be a puppy. I have been working with him on "What does a dog say?" and finally got him to make a panting noise. "Bow wow" and "ruff ruff" are apparently too complex (although he does the best monkey noise I have ever heard).



Here he is complete with his bear in a matching costume and treat-bag to match (courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids, aka: Nana!)



More pictures of our upcoming Halloween festivities soon to come!

7 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

He is wearing the apron I gave him!
Link is such a little cutie. And I agree about the pumpkin guts- Gross!

Lant Family said...

Cute little dog! we haven't carved our pumpkin yet, I wonder what Lucy will think of it?

Karen said...

oh man! What a cute puppy! I'm sure Lincoln will bring in lots of candy for his mommy to eat! Happy Halloween.

Suzie Petunia said...

He looks SO SO cute! He is an adorable puppy! Alice LOVES dogs. Like, really REALLY loves dogs - no matter how much taller than her they are!

Anne Woods said...

we've got somebody being a dalmation at our house as well! He looks darling!

Lulu said...

His costume is so cute. I love that his little bear has one too! haha!

tterb said...

Lincoln stole my Halloween costume! I'm wearing the same thing!! (jk)