Monday, November 24, 2008

Gearing up for Thanksgiving

I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year - but I'm not too worried; I cooked last year and everything worked out pretty well. The turkey wasn't raw and everything came together nicely. This year I do have the added pressure of impressing my in-laws, but they are pretty easy to please and have already offered lots of help. No problem!

Link and I decided to do a cooking-warm-up of sorts in preparation for the big cooking day Thursday. We made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (big thanks to my sister-in-law Suze for the recipe!) and they are oh-so yummy!



Lincoln loves to help in the kitchen, especially when licking a beater is involved. Before I even mixed up the dough he kept pointing to the beater and then pointing to his tongue. I guess that is sign language for "Mom! I want to lick that, NOW!" haha


A little messy??!
(also note Lincoln's cute little slippers that I found at Wal-Mart for $5 - gotta love Wal-Mart!)

4 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

Sarah and I love his cheesy little grin!! ...and all of the batter between his eyes.
And his slippers are very cute; he looks like a big boy!!

Laura said...

Lincoln looks so big. It makes me smile that he is still pointing to things.
Matt and I are living in Northern Virginia. So it is just a hop and skip away from D.C. We really like it here.

Lant Family said...

Cute picture. I can't believe you are making Thanksgiving dinner! I have never made a turkey. I am getting the sides down pretty good--you know cause each year they ask me to bring things. This year is my first year for the sweet potatoes. Good Luck to you!

Emily said...

We love pumpkin cookies. Lincoln looks like he had fun making them! Good luck with the turkey!