Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hallelujah!

We have internet!!! It only took nearly 3 months, but we have real internet - so now we can catch up on blogs, download shows (still haven't seen the end of seasons for Lost, Chuck, 24, or The Office), and generally waste time. It also means that we can post more often (theoretically), and fill you in on all the latest fun from England. Thanks to all who still check our blog, even with the lack of activity!

This is Lincoln's favorite job: watering "his" flowers. He takes very good care of them and gives them PLENTY of water. It's fun to have our own backyard for the first time.



Two weekends ago we took a trip up to London. The purpose was to see "Les Miserables" and Kimber so graciously offered to watch Link while we went to the show. We got to take in some of the London sights beforehand, including an amazing fly-over by old and new military planes in honor of the Queen's birthday. Lincoln LOVED it - but actually we all thought it was really spectacular! Here we are in Trafalgar Square (notice Big Ben in the background):



The story as to why we saw "Les Mis" goes back almost 6 years to the day. The touring show came to Salt Lake and Ryan bought tickets - intending to ask me on a date. He then found out I was dating someone else at the time, so he ended up finding another date. Since then, he has always wanted to take me, but as soon as we moved to New York the show left Broadway. When we moved here and found out it was still playing in London Ryan jumped at the chance to get tickets for Mother's Day. The show was amazing - well worth waiting 6 years to see it with Ryan. I wonder what would have happened if we saw the show together in 2003??

8 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

How cute! :) I'm so happy you have internet now so we can G-chat and have more pics of my cutest nephew.

Shelly Beth said...

So fun! I love readying about your adventures in London. Glad you have internet! I bet it feels like a severed limb has finally grown back, lol :)

Lant Family said...

I am glad you have the internet--I hate not having it. I rely on it so much.

Kayce said...

Sign on AOl, MSN, gchat, facebook, whatever! I'm on all of them all the time!

Hooray for interwebs!!

ROAST said...

I am jealous you guys live in London. And I really want to see Les Mis.

Lindsey said...

So fun. What an awesome experience. I'm glad you have the internet so I can check up on you guys more.

Maile said...

Sometimes I think about how I would have so much more free time if I didn't have the internet...but I'm not willing to give it up without a fight! What a great story about finally seeing Les Mis - and what a great show. It's my all-time favorite.

Laura said...

What a great experience to see Les Mis in London. What an experience that you are having living over seas. I am just so happy that your family gets this experience.