Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carlos and his Best Friend

Lincoln is not "Lincoln" anymore...at least that's what he insists. He is Carlos (from The Magic School Bus), and will not answer to "Lincoln". To keep us all in correct character, Ellie is now "Dorothy Ann", Ryan is "Arnold" and I am "Ms. Frizzle".

Well, "Carlos" has a new best friend; and it just happens to be a 2 ft tall skeleton - complete with moving limbs and freakishly-glowing green eyes. "Carlos" has been in denial that Halloween is over, and when we went past the clearance section at the grocery store he HAD to have this skeleton (skelligan as Linc...I mean "Carlos"...says it). And for 75% off the original price, I decided to indulge him...all in the name of science, of course. "He's learning anatomy" is what I have to keep telling myself when I see that creepy skeleton peeking out from under the covers, or hanging from my kitchen cabinets.







He really loves this skeleton though, and "Carlos" has asked him to play catch, given him a tour of the house, tucks him in bed at night, and gives him lots of hugs. So, it is kinda cute (but still creepy!).

6 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Hahaha. That is too funny, both the name and the skeleton. Yes, creepy, but cute too. What is the "give thanks" banner in the background. I am guessing it is some kind of advent calendar? Looks nice. And I like your blog background.

Karen said...

ahahaha! Oh Lincoln, what fun you are!

Sarah Peterson said...

I love the picture where he is hugging the skelegon so tight his eyes are closed! He is so cute!

tterb said...

hahahahah! I love it. I hope he gets to bring the skelegan with him to places like the park, the store, church, etc. Does it make sounds?

Ashley said...

This is priceless Jamie. Save this for his wedding slide-show.

Sassy Savvy said...

Carly is totally in denial about Halloween being over too. There was an animatronic skeleton at Sam's Club that she LOVED. We had to see it at least five times every time we went. Too bad it just made Isaac cry. What a cutie that Carlos is :)