Friday, March 25, 2011

Lincoln's Latest Loves


Something you may not know about Lincoln - he loves to pray. We recently had to institute a rotation with who says family prayers because Lincoln wants to pray EVERY time. While he does have some funny slip-ups at times, (like saying "In the name of Ellie" or "It came to pass" or something similar) he truly says very heartfelt and genuine prayers. He mentions Ellie about 5 times each prayer. He will say what is on his mind and what he is grateful for - which usually includes toys. Tonight's prayer included...

"I am grateful for my tiny jets. I am grateful for my Spitfire and my German"...

Oh, another thing about Lincoln is that he loves WWII aircraft (hmmm, I wonder where he could have picked that up from??). Ryan bought a guide to WWII planes for himself, and yet it resides in Lincoln's room where he can pore over it at night. He knows which of his toy planes are American, English, German, Russian, or Japanese. He knows who is "good" and who is "bad" - at least during WWII, which is a bit problematic. (ie: "Japan is naughty, Mom!" - um, not very timely Linc!) Sadly, I think he could beat me on a WWII history test...well, I guess if he could read the questions.

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

Disney looks like it was a blast. We have the opposite problem at our house, no one will volunteer to pray :) I went through a time where I was sure I was the only one praying and JJ felt the same way. So we roll a dice to decide who will pray.