Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic Obsession

Okay, this post is not really about Lincoln, but about how ADDICTED I am to watching the Olympics. I think it is reaching an almost unhealthy level. I stay up late every night being strung along by NBC and their "Michael Phelps in 44 minutes" or "Gymnastics in 32 minutes" advertisements on the bottom of the screen. Then I think "Oh well, what's another 32 minutes??" and before I know it it's 11:30pm and I KNOW that Lincoln will be waking up before 7 the next morning. Oops. Then during the day I find myself checking all the NBC channels to catch some random Olympic action. I have watched so many different events: fencing, rowing, cycling, indoor volleyball, beach volleyball, badminton, table tennis, weight lifting, water polo, indoor cycling, equestrian, archery, baseball, softball, whitewater kayak, diving, soccer, tennis, and of course gymnastics and swimming. (Wow, that looks even worse typing it all out!!) I also love all the little vignettes about the athletes and their amazing stories and find myself choking up constantly. I can hardly remember what I did with myself before the Olympics were on. I'm sure I will have to undergo some kind of Olympic Rehab when it is all over.

Since this is technically Lincoln's blog, here is a recent pic of Link eating a push pop. Since it gets a little messy he has to eat it in only his diaper. :)

2 comments:

Lant Family said...

We are totally adicted to the olypics as well! What will we do when it is over? I love gymnastics. I just want to have 1/2 the muscles they have. The only problem with watching the olypics is I feel so out of shape and like I need to step it up a notch.

(ps--this is heather rahm, I think i have commented before, I love to check up on you with your blog)

Doug & Stef said...

Hi Jamie! I found your blog through your facebook! I love the name lincoln! I can't believe how tall he looks for his age.