Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fun at the Farmstead

Lincoln and I spent a fantastic week in Kansas visiting with my family. I didn't realize what a city boy Link is until I saw how excited he was to play in grass. Most of the parks around here have rubber floors by the playgrounds and when we go for walks it is on pavement, so I guess he hasn't had much opportunity to be in grass! He loved the open space and got a big kick out of running down the hill in my parents backyard as fast as he could so he would fall down, and just laugh and laugh.

We also visited a little petting zoo called Deanna Rose Farmstead. Link had no qualms about going right up to the big goats and feeding them a pellet right into their mouths.

He did the same with the chickens, and didn't even mind when a chicken took a nibble of his finger. I was more scared than he was!

Lincoln also learned how to say "tractor" while in Kansas (fitting, isn't it?), but now everything with wheels is a "tractor". Sorry Link, there aren't very many real tractors here in New Jersey.

2 comments:

Mickelle said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big he is. And I love that he was so excited about grass -- it sure says a lot about his day-to-day life!

Unknown said...

Dear Jamie,
I hope you don't mind us invading your blog! Karen, meaning Karen Rosenlof stayed with us a couple of weekends ago with her son Chris and they told us about the blog! Chelli my daughter-in-law found it and we have enjoyed reading about Lincoln! Chelli and Jason have a blog under berniebunch.blogspot.com if you want to check on them or their son James! Your son has grown up way too fast! Love, Debbie Bernhisel