Monday, August 31, 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

This Monday was "Bank Holiday" here in the UK - which is funny because they don't give their holidays names (Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc.) just a general "Bank Holiday". We had a fun time as a family of FOUR (it's still weird to say that!) going to a little farm here in the English countryside. They had lots of chickens roaming about, goats, cows, sheep, rabbits, guinea pigs, pigs, turkeys, and peacocks. Lincoln has no fear when it comes to animals! Here he is feeding some rams random grass, leaves, and even a feather that he found on the ground.

I like how Link is making the same face as the ram in this one!


My favorite part of the farm was the scrumptious farm restaurant. We had the lamb stew which was delicious, with some yummy fudge for dessert.

Sunday was Ellie's debut at church! Here is our attempt at a "kids going to church" picture - clearly Link wasn't cooperating.


It sure is fun putting a little dress on a girl!

10 comments:

Lant Family said...

She is so cute--I love the attempt at the picture! I think dresses are so much fun!!! I am still getting use to all the boy stuff. I was looking back at a photo album this weekend and seeing Lucy in some of my favorite dresses were fun

Karen said...

Oh so cute! Ellie is just a little lady.

Karen said...

I love the pic of Lincoln doing the ram's face. Reminds me of him doing the Rosenlof!

Shelly Beth said...

Wow, she is so cute! She looks so big already. And in some ways I think my Aubree looks like your Ellie!

Jen said...

love the ram pics. so cute. and what a cutie Ellie is. keep the pics coming . . .

gretchen said...

Ellie is so darling! There is nothing cuter than little girl dresses! :)

Laura said...

So cute. I agree. I think it is so much fun dressing up little girls.

Kinzie Sue said...

She is so precious, and yes, it is fun to dress a little girl! I think she looks a bit like Link in that last pic... you just make cute kids!!

Lindsey said...

What fun. I want to see these kids now! I forgot to tell you where we found our place when you asked a few weeks ago. It use to be the LDSSA president's place and since he graduated in May, it was available for us to move in. How long are you guys abroad? We want to come see you as soon as we can when you get back.

Bethany said...

She's adorable! Congratulations!!
I can't believe the things that they don't provide you with at the hospital!