Friday, September 3, 2010

NYC - Visit to the Intrepid



As another portion of our stay-cation, we went into New York City. It was the first time we drove in, and it only took about 45 minutes - not bad. Lincoln really loves jets and has his own aircraft carrier, so we thought we'd take him to a real aircraft carrier, the USS Intrepid. It was a great museum, and he really loved everything!






Ellie checks out the upper flight deck:




Linc really has a thing for the "space shuttle Discovery" - he loves it! I think he learned about it from an astronomy book he has, but I'm not quite sure.


I don't think I'd want these little rascals flying my helicopter!


We rounded out the visit with H&H Bagels, a little shopping, a walk through Times Square, and some Tasti-D-Lite. What a day!

6 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

LUCKY!

Wait, can Lincoln teach me some astronomy? I'm in an astronomy class this semester, and all I'm learning is how easy it is to fall asleep.

Kelly Peterson said...

oh, and Lincoln's shoes finally fit!!!!!

Such happy kids.

Karen said...

What a fun outing!

Sarah Peterson said...

looks wonderful! glad you had a fun stay-cation!

Emily said...

The intrepid is really cool. That reminds me we should go again now that the boys are older....they would appreciate it more. :) Glad you've had a fun staycation!

Kelly Peterson said...

we want more blog posts!!!