Monday, September 15, 2008

We Bought a Jeep!

...and here it is!


Okay, so it is the Jeep Overland Limited Jogging Stroller not the Jeep Wrangler that I have wanted since I was 15, but still pretty cool! I decided to return to running after a 18+ month hiatus. I am not signing up for any fun runs or marathons, but I just figure "it's good for me" so I better do it. Plus, I get to run along overlooking New York City - so that's not too shabby.

Lincoln is THRILLED with the new stroller! He was so excited when the box was delivered - like it was Christmas morning! He thinks it is his own indoor jungle-gym, however. As a result he climbed all the way to the top of it to check out the odometer feature on the handlebar and tipped it right over, hitting his head in the process. He is now sporting a lovely bump and scrape right on his forehead. Luckily not too many people have told me what an abusive mother I must be.

Now I just need to stay motivated and keep running!

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

I would have never thought you would take a break from running. Isn't it funny what we do because it is good for us?

Doug & Stef said...

We have the same stroller - in a desperate attempt to find time to run I bought it for Weston when he was just 6 weeks old. I still can't get him to stay in it longer than a mile! I hope you have better luck!

Shelly Beth said...

Yeah for you! Let me know how you like it. Lincoln and Isabelle are twins right now. Isabelle fell on the cement after church and has a big nugget and scrape on her head too! Ouch! (And it does make you think people will view you as abusive...)

Karen said...

Are you sure that is a Jeep...because it looks like a Cadillac! buh-dum-ching!