Thursday, March 25, 2010

Proud Sister

I have to brag a little about my brother and his wife - they entered a contest where they were asked to take a Nokia N900 phone and re-design it to be used for something else. They came up with an idea to use it as a bike dashboard - to track speed, distance, and even integrate a light, horn, and GPS among other things. Then they were chosen as one of three finalists and actually had to create this invention!



Not only were they able to pull it off in less than a month, but they WON the grand prize at the convention held in Las Vegas!!

These two are so crafty and creative, I can't say I'm surprised they won. [I am one proud big sister]

Check it out here and here and here

Congrats Brett and Sarah!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love seeing Brett and Sarah on the blogs! It's like they are celebrities,huh?! I love the video because he seems really relaxed and happy. I would have been a nervous wreck.
So proud of them.

Shelly Beth said...

I linked to The Ressurection Eggs on my blog now (where I mention it). That is not the EXACT one I do, but is very very very similar. I did it last yera and my kids loved it! This year they did well. I didn't read the scriptures for Isabelle because she would loose interest. Instead I had her open the egg and I told the story that went along with the object. I also used the Primary cutouts from the manual as a visual as we went along. Hope that helps!

Mel said...

very clever! i love it! so creative!