Thursday, May 20, 2010

American Flag Store

When I was younger, my siblings and I LOVED to buy souvenirs when we'd go on vacation. From Washington DC to Hawaii we were always asking "Where is the gift shop?" I now know what a waste of money those "precious" souvenirs can be, but I have also learned the fun of checking out some of the *finer* gift shops.

We drove by some huge gift shops in Orlando - each with it's own unique store front - the Giant Mermaid, the Wizard, the Animals with the Possessed-looking Eyes, and the American Flag. Lincoln desperately wanted to go into the latter and kept calling it "Wal Mart" (I guess Wal-Mart and Americana are synonymous, even to a 3 year-old). These are the gems we found:


Yikes!! An alligator is eating my hand!!



True




The cutest thing in the store




The lady in line ahead of me actually bought these...wow...






Link and Ellie liked playing the small guitars

Luckily, we got out of there with only a giant lollipop for Lincoln - on sale from $3.00 to $2.99! What an amazing discount!! :)

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

yeah those are some gems :)

Kelly Peterson said...

I feel so honored to be featured on you blog! even if I am making horrible faces and holding an assortment of gigantic clothing items up to my body...
Love you Jame! Hope to see you again this summer!

Karen said...

hahaha! Man, we know how to vacation, don't we??!!

Emily said...

I can't believe you didn't buy all those cool clothes!!! ;) Looks like a great vacation though. I spent a summer with my sister in Florida and I spent a lot of time at all those fun parks....so many fun things to do. :) I love the pict of Linc with Woody!