Friday, March 6, 2009

Evening at the Museum

Last Saturday Ryan had the fun idea of going to the Museum of Natural History. In all the time we have lived here and in Manhattan I have never been there - so I thought we had better go before we leave!

We knew Lincoln would love it. Anything to do with animals and open space to run around is a recipe for fun in his book. It was so cute to watch him look at all the stuffed animal exhibits in awe - and then run as fast as he could to the next one!

Link looking at some "horses" - he knows a lot of animals, but for some reason calls deer, donkeys, and giraffes "horses" - they're probably related somehow!

He also liked to "raar!" at the tigers and dinosaurs. He looks scared in this picture, but he is really just looking around at all the other things to see in the room.



I wanted to take this picture of some "Links" (get it?! Link and a Lynx! haha)


We finished our trip into the city with some dinner at the Shake Shack (Upper West Side location) - which isn't nearly as fun as the one in Madison Square Park during the beautiful summer/fall weather. Oh well, still yummy!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh too cute! I love the "Links"!

gretchen said...

I went there a few years ago and was rather bored...but I can't imagine a better place to bring a toddler! :) Glad you had a fun time!

I had no idea there was a Shake Shack on the Upper West Side. Are the lines any shorter? I'll have to check it out. :)

Laura said...

Looks like a great museum. It doesn't look that crowded. How nice. The Smithsonians have always been so packed each time that we have gone.

It is fun to watch Lincoln grow!

Addy said...

Looks like a fun trip. We have been here for years and I still haven't been. Maybe when Conor gets older.

Now I need a shake!

Naomi said...

My kids love the Museum of Natural History. That place is huge and is definately an all day adventure. Still haven't been to the Shake Shack. Chad says it's really good but whenever we pass the line is always waaaaayyyyy too long. Hmmmm, just might have to try the UWS one.