Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to our 2 YEAR OLD!!

Lincoln:
Is insatiably curious

Is social with everyone he meets

Will perform "tricks" on cue

Asks me every day where Daddy is - then runs to greet him when he gets home

Loves Cars, Thomas, tractors, trucks, and yes, even Star Wars (daddy's dream!)

Gives the sweetest loves and kisses - even if they are open-mouth!

Knows how to get what he wants - not in the tantrum way - but by quietly getting a chair to climb up to some hard-to-reach place to get down a book or a toy... or a doughnut

Talks more every day, with "Uh oh!" and "Oh no!" probably being his most used phrases at the moment

Loves books and can even "read" some of his favorites that he has memorized

Does not eat much and usually has to be strapped into his high chair and distracted to get any food into him. He will eat cheese any time of the day, however.

Can climb up on anything and everything

Likes to watch TV, but has the attention for about 5 minutes of a show

Loves to be outside - even when it is freezing

Must take his fire truck, binky, blanket, and other-car-of-choice to bed

Hates his car seat, but loves to fasten buckles

Pretty much gets what he wants when he says "Please!" and looks at us with those big brown eyes (trouble!!)


Here's little Link the day he was born:



His one-year birthday:


The birthday boy today:

Oh yes, we did go to Chuck E Cheese.



We love our big boy and are so thankful for the wonderful adventure these past 2 years have been!

11 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

I love Lincoln!! Happy birthday to that big boy!! :) I can't wait to see you all in 2 days!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln. I can't believe that he is already 2! I am sure the time has gone even faster for you guys. It sounds like he has a very cute personality.

Lulu said...

Happy Bday! That's great that you guys went to chuck-e-cheese! He must have had a blast.
The pics are do cute too.

Kinzie Sue said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! He is so grown up and such a handsome little guy!

Doug & Stef said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln- I can't believe is that a smile on the day he was born!!! how cute is that?

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! Our house loves Chuck-e-Cheese, what a fun way to spend a birthday. Looks like he had lots of fun with his dad.

Karen said...

Lincoln I hope you know how much your Nana and Pop love you! Happy happy birthday!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Happy birthday to the two year old!!! And I haven't told you CONGRATULATIONS yet for the new addition! I am SO excited for you guys... you are such great parents and I'd even love to have been born to yall. I hear Brighton is beautiful... a ton of fun adventures up ahead!

Lindsey said...

Wow. I want to see him so big. Happy birthday to Link!

gretchen said...

I love the picture of baby Link! I guess it's like they say--"long days, short years." :)

Dani said...

So adorable! I can just feel the pride...it is sad to not get to hear Link stories on a regular basis from Ryan, but at the same time...I'm SO glad we're done with grad school.