Tuesday, July 21, 2009

38 Weeks


Due to popular demand (mostly my mom) here is a recent pic of my pregnant belly. 38 weeks down, 2 to go... or if she decides to come as early as Lincoln, just a few days to go! (Link was 9 days early) Unfortunately I don't have any real gauge of when she'll be born because in the UK they don't check dilation/effacement at all until you are in active labor! I even asked my doctor at my last appointment to check and she looked shocked and appalled. Just one of the many differences between healthcare in the UK vs. the US - more of which I'm sure to share after the delivery.

Now for some cuter pictures! Here is Link in the foam pit at a little gym we go to. They have trampolines, bars, climbing things, etc. Link calls it the "Jumping Place", appropriately. We go with a friend from Church, Ashy - who Link just adores. It's so cute for him to have his first real "friend".


We have also been transitioning Lincoln from taking a bottle at bedtime, with really good success thus far. He was seamless with going to a big bed and taking away the binky, so I really shouldn't be surprised. This little guy is just too good! Here is a typical "Lincoln face" - being the little joker that he is. He would pretend to take a "big sip" out of his cup, only to take the tiniest little sip and make a milk moustache and start laughing. Ryan and I inevitably start laughing too. How can we resist?!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

lincoln is the cutest little boy! and you are super tiny with your cute pregnant belly. i always feel like i look like a beached whale at the end, but you look great.

i hope baby girl comes early for you! and i'm sure you will have stories about the birth in the UK. my sister-in-law delivered her last baby there and it sure was a different experience than the US. can't wait to see pics of the baby!

Laura said...

What cute pictures. All of them. I think that you are looking great! I am curious to hear what other differences there are between the U.S. and England from your birthing experience.
Lincoln is such a cutie. That is nice that Lincoln has a friend that he likes to do things with. Little gym sounds like such a fun place for little kids.

(The blog design I have is from Aqua Poppy Design. The link to the site is at the top left corner of my blog.)

Kinzie Sue said...

Not much longer and you are looking FABULOUS!! Can't wait for her arrival and to see pictures of your adorable girl! Best of luck, especially with all the differences that may arise! I'm so excited for you all!

Lulu said...

You are absolutely and utterly beautiful!!!! You're belly looks cute and everything!
Keep us posted about the US vs. UK differences. I can't believe that they didn't tell you how much you were dilated or effaced; that's so weird for them not to say something...haha, but i'm just being biased. lol
Link looks adorable as always! ;)

Shelly Beth said...

Link is so freakin' cute! Don't you just love when they find something silly that makes you laugh all the time?! I hope Isabelle has an easy time getting rid of her binkies like Link, but I am not counting on it. She is SUPER attached to them at bed time. And by the way, you look GREAT and so cute. Can't wait to hear about your UK birth experience and see pics of your little girl. Good luck!

Karen said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE!

Emily said...

Cute prego belly...you really popped out at the end. I can't believe you only have 2 weeks left...wish that was me. :) Good luck with a UK delivery!!

Maile said...

Cute, cute!! I've heard recently that dilation/effacement measurements actually mean very little when it comes to how close a woman is to going into labor. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how your experience goes.

Sassy Savvy said...

What a cute belly picture! Good luck with labor and recovery in a new place! Link is getting so big, I can't believe how quickly time flies :)

Suzie Petunia said...

What a darling pregnant lady you are! Too bad you can't be pregnant forever... ha ha! At the very least you should model for maternity clothes. Do they actually get pregnant models? Or do they stuff their bellies with pillows?

Lincoln is so adorable! I can't wait to see what his little sister looks like!

gretchen said...

Your prego belly is so cute!! I can't believe how close you are to meeting your little lady!! :)

Peter Giles said...

It was so great to see you, Jamie, in the background over Skype this week--walking in your flat--and your blog is great. I really felt more a part of your lives. thank you for the great pics and commentary.
Love

dad Peter