Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Beach Fun...no nudity this time

For a Friday family date night we took a picnic to the beach. The nice thing is that we literally live 5 minutes from the beach - it's so easy to get to and Link LOVES it. The unfortunate thing was that it was COLD and windy! (England in July!) We braved it in the name of family fun and Link still managed to enjoy himself.






Lincoln playing "Rock slide" down the groynes (pronounced 'groins' - we have a few laughs with all the signs that say "Keep off the groynes" haha)


On Saturday we went to the Brighton Sea Life Centre. It's the "oldest seaside aquarium in Britain"; and while maybe not as flashy as Sea World, it had its own charm. Lincoln liked to see the "Dory" fish (he loves Finding Nemo right now) and they had the biggest sea turtles I have ever seen!


But Lincoln's favorite exhibit did not feature any fish. It was a model of Brighton - complete with little cars and people that just fascinated him. Go figure!

9 comments:

Malya said...

Sheesh, what an adventure. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! You tiny thing you, you look great for 8 mos! The beach is still fun even though its cold I bet, just like the Oregon Coast, just more exciting cause you're in England!!!

Kelly Peterson said...

I especially liked the picture of teddy bear. ;)
Looks like so much fun! I am sad we didn't skype today. Soon please!!
Miss you!

Lant Family said...

oh man Lucy LOVES finding nemo. I think we are going to have a finding nemor party for her birthday.

Maile said...

How fun! Although the rocky beach doesn't look like the most comfortable sitting surface. :)

I LOVE your pregnant belly in the cute sweater!! I love that look; maybe I'll be able to justify buying one if we have a cool October.

gretchen said...

Jamie, you look soooo cold!! Glad Link had a fun time. :)

Laura said...

I think that is so funny that his favorite exhibit was the model of Brighton. Lincoln is such a boy.

Kyle and Jillian said...

It's so fun to see your pictures of England! I've always wanted to go, and it's nice to see all the fun you can have.

Shelly Beth said...

So sorry to make you cry with my last post, but sometimes I wish someone would have given me a heads up with what to expect. When you think about it, our first is really lucky because they are the only ones who got us completely to themselves for the first few years. Still, it's an adjustment. But I will say this week is MUCH better for me on the emotional roller coaster. I have found if I set aside time for just me and Isabelle, even if it is going to the store, that helps. As for more helpful hints with two, we will see as time goes on :) And the pacifier we got is the 0 month Mam. Aubree likes it and I am so glad to have it now!

Emily said...

I love the rocky beaches...less mess and more fun for boys who love to throw rocks!!