Monday, July 27, 2009

Anticipation

Waiting for a baby to come is a crazy adventure! We've been dreaming of this little person since Thanksgiving (when we found out we were pregnant), and now 9+ months later the time has nearly come. It's so bizarre that one day I will be pregnant and the next day I won't - and even more bizarre that I have no idea what day that will be! The hospital bag is packed, the babysitter is on-call to watch Link, the baby clothes are washed, the baby seat is in the car - now we just have to wait...

I'm pretty much past the scared/nervous part and am just excited to meet my little girl. Ryan is definitely excited and is on constant "contraction watch" and is sure that any little change means she's coming - NOW. He even announced that I was having contractions on Facebook and I ended up with crazed emails from my mom asking if I was in labor. :) Lincoln is aware that a baby sister is coming because he always asks me to "Draw baby" for him, uses earbuds to "listen" to my tummy (like a stethoscope or ultrasound machine), and Ryan tells him stories about Lincoln and Daddy flying in jets to see the baby in the hospital. Other than that, I think he's in for a big surprise.

Here's my 39 week shot. I never made it to 39 weeks with Link, so this is a first for me!


Link wanted to get in on the photo-shoot - looking handsome in his church clothes.


The boys hard at work cutting the grass this weekend. Link is a great helper!

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

yeah it is weird to not know when something so big is going to happen. Luckily for me I was induced for both babies so we were able to plan things pretty well. Good luck! Hopefully you will meet her soon.

Kinzie Sue said...

Yay! She's almost here. Anytime now and we could be meeting your sweet little girl. I hope all goes well and best of luck. We are all so excited for you and your family!!

Lulu said...

yeah! i'm so excited to see your new baby!

gretchen said...

I hate the waiting part!! I hope your little lady comes soon!! :)

Laura said...

It is hard to wait for a baby to come. You are looking great for 39 weeks. Matt took a picture of me looking down, when I was at the end of my pregnancy. Which showed off my double chin. Needless to say I hate that picture. You on the other hand don't even look like you gained any weight, besides the baby obviously. You seriously are looking really good.

Karen said...

So beautiful! And Link is very cool with the shades.

Shelly Beth said...

You are looking great! Isn't it fun to compare this pregnancy to your first and have new milestones - like reaching 39 weeks! I am glad to know that I will never have to reach 42 weeks again :) LOL. I hope she comes soon for you and that she is healthy and strong. Good luck to your whole family in the days to come! And PS: Just so you know, it does get better with two as time passes. And I am not missing Isabelle as much any more, so those feelings (if you have them) will also pass.

Malya said...

You look great pregnant. Is she here yet?!!! I'm so anxious to hear more about England. What fun. Link is so handsome. Maisie remembers his name which surprised me. You are going to just love having 2. It's a shock and thrilling to see how much Link will love his little sister. Good luck!