Sunday, September 27, 2009

Recent Favourites*

*Note the British spelling of 'favorites' :)

Lincoln is talking more and more - still not in more than 3-word sentences, but he has been adding a lot more adjectives to his nouns. My recent favorites are "cool!" and "fancy!". The other night I was away at Mutual and Ryan was putting Link to bed and I guess he wanted to wear his pajama shorts over another pair of pajama pants and when he put them on he said "Ooh, fancy!" I wish he got a picture of that!

He also calls things funny names, for example:

Ryan: What is this, Link?
Lincoln: Flower
Ryan: What kind of flower?
Lincoln: Sunshine flower!
Jamie: What do you think of the flower?
Lincoln: Cool!

Another funny one


Ryan: What do you want for breakfast?
Lincoln: Cereal bar
Ryan: What kind of cereal bar?
Lincoln: Kids one (as in "the one with kids on it" or on other days "Tiger one")

He also has a new thing of saying "Woo hoo, we made it!" at the end of Sacrament Meeting at church...or when he thinks it's the end of the meeting, which usually means on fast/testimony day he is saying it after every person. I have to admit, it is pretty funny - especially when Ryan and I feel like saying it after keeping him behaved for over an hour!

Another favorite thing of mine is our cute baby girl! It is too fun dressing her up Sunday mornings - I keep making us late because I am snapping pictures of this beautiful girl before church. At 8 weeks old tomorrow I almost feel like she is no longer a baby - she is smiley, bright-eyed, loves to wake up with coos and giggles, can hold her head up well, and slept through the night (8+ hours) 4 nights last week (YAY!!). What a good girl!


6 comments:

Alisha said...

Love the Lincolnisms--especially the ones at church, so cute! How fun to be able to follow your adventures of having baby #2 and exploring England through your blog. Sounds like you guys are doing really well!

Karen said...

Such cute pictures. Ellie is a little doll and Lincoln looks very fancy with his hair all slicked down! I love seeing Lincoln loving his baby sister.

Love this post! It's one of my favourites.

Kelly Peterson said...

Ellie looks just like you, Jamie!! So, so so cute.
Lincoln is so smart! I would love to skype sometime and hear his catch-phrases!

Sarah Peterson said...

I love the pics, Jamie! Ellie looks so beautiful with that tiny bow, the little bracelet and her cute pink dress! I love the pic of Lincoln and Ellie too. It is so sweet! Can't wait to see you in just over a week!

tterb said...

So funny! I can't wait to see your cute kids! Ellie is so adorable! I like her doctor evil pose in the first picture. "One million dollars?"

Maile said...

Ellie is so beautiful!! Seeing her really makes me excited for a baby again.

It cracks me up that Lincoln says "fancy" - that is one of Kaia's favorite words. And I think I'll start using Lincoln's "Woo hoo, we made it!" when I survive Sacrament meeting! That cracks me up.